The North Hill is a very busy Club; consequently, there are many opportunities to play at a time convenient for you and with other curlers having similar interests. The table below provides a general description of the opportunities available and provides a link to another page having more details and contact information. Good curling!
8:45 AM, 11:05 AM, 1:15 PM
- We have Senior mens’ leagues playing at 11:05 AM (Monday through Thursday). While they typically recruit the 60+ age group, younger players are being accepted. Before them and most afternoons, we have Womens’ leagues (Tuesday an exception, a mixed gender league). Friday afternoon has a Masters (60+) competitive league which runs from October through to end of January.
- The “available ice” link provides a good guide to determine when a sheet or two might be available. Whether it is for practice, a get together with friends or a Team Building effort; contact us to finalize details and to book. There are usually sheet(s) available daytime (morning or afternoon). Larger groups such as a corporate event or a Team Building can usually be handled in the afternoon. Saturday or Sunday ice is scarce but with planning can be accommodated.
- We have three Corporate based leagues (Mon, Wed, & Thur) which from time to time will accept players or even a team. Friday is fully occupied by our Junior program.
6:50 & 9:00 pm
- The Club manages the weeknight evening leagues (see ‘Leagues’ tab above). Most accomodate 24 teams alternating between the two times each week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are “open” leagues (mixed gender). Thursday is Mens’ night. Entry is primarily by teams although singles and couples can usually be placed on a team; or play as a spare.
- There are leagues all day, both days. Most are social leagues willing to accept beginners or experienced curlers. Saturday evening (7:00 & 9:00 PM) follows the Modified Mixed format.
- Our junior program accepts youth (8 – 20 y) in our Friday program with instruction all season. The younger ones use “Lite Rocks” for an hour. Development funding for Under 21 players/teams is available upon application. Please check website on Youth Curling