GoRound #1 “A” Draw
GoRound #1 “B” Draw
- This season teams will be split into 2 divisions: “A” and “B”
- Teams are ranked by Aggregate Points earned last season. New teams will start in the “B” Division.
- Everyone will still play 20 League games in total.
- As of Sept 30th there are 20 teams entered in WEDNESDAY OPEN.
- Therefore GoRound #1 will be a 9 game round robin.
- Teams will be reseeded for GoRound #2 based on Aggregate Points.
- GoRound #2 will also be a 9 game round robin.
- For the final 2 games, teams will be reseeded into Groups of 4, eg. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc. The format will be 1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3, etc. Winners play winners. Losers play losers.
- If we get more teams the draw will be altered to accommodate them.
- Max Teams per night is 24.
NEW for COVID:
- Please DO NOT attend NHCC if you have travelled aboard or have ANY symptoms – sore throat, runny nose.
- Spares can play any position and there will be no prize money given out this year. We are doing this to discourage players who might be contagious from showing up when they should be at home getting well.
- As per Curling Alberta guidelines, only 1 sweeper per rock.
- Skips from either team cannot sweep any rocks in the house.
Five-Rock Rule still in effect!
We are playing the five-rock rule in the free guard zone. Under the five-Rock rule, teams are not permitted to eliminate their opponent’s rocks that are sitting in the free guard zone until five stones have been played in every end. Players can still hit the guards; they just are not allowed to knock them out of play.
Go-Round Scoring Format for 2020-21
All week-night Monday-Friday teams will follow the point format listed.
Points will be allocated for each win, tie, loss as follows:
This will be used for Go Round seeding for the 2020-21 season.