The North Hill Curling Club is excited to announce we will continue hosting the Curler’s Corner Advanced Junior Team Program. The goal of the program is to further develop Junior teams and their coaches. Our objectives:
- Provide a supportive environment for athletes and coaches to learn
- Provide dedicated junior practice ice
- Provide a taste of what else you need to consider to improve your game
- Develop curlers that are members of the curling community
The program is aimed at Junior / U18 / U15 teams representing the North Hill Community Curling Club in playdowns. Teams from other clubs are considered with the understanding that they must still participate in our community building initiatives.
What you get:
- 2 hours of practice ice every week
- Guest coaches and/or speakers to provide the extra set of eyes or new ideas
- An injury mitigation program with Absolute Therapy – This gives athletes and coaches an on-ice resource to help with deliveries and sweeping. They help reduce opportunities for injuries, make corrections to improve stability and identify issues. The Absolute team also provides warmups and individualized exercises or stretches as necessary to complement the injury mitigation.
- A curling community to support you in your journey
One of the program’s objectives is to help develop curlers who are active members of the curling community. We want to ensure our athletes understand what actually makes our sport work – the volunteers and the community. As such, we do ask that all athletes in our program volunteer a minimum of two (2) Friday nights in the NHCC Junior program. You may also be asked to participate in fundraising such as selling raffle tickets as these funds help cover costs of the programs (like the services from Absolute Therapy).
We will be accepting a combination of teams as well as individual curlers who feel that they will benefit from and contribute to the program but have a valid reason for not participating as a team. We plan to accept 36 athletes. Those applying as teams will be given first priority for. We have capacity for at least 4 individuals. Individuals who are on a team that enters bonspiels and Curling Alberta qualifiers will be given priority.
The Curler’s Corner Advanced Junior Team Program will run Tuesdays starting at 4:30 pm during the regular curling season, starting October 4, 2022. We are planning our Opening Day on Saturday, October 1, 2022. All athletes and coaches are asked to make their best effort to participate in this full day program. The schedule for the day will be provided to everyone that is accepted into the program. This full day will include some on ice time, fitness and guest speakers.
We have simplified the application. Priority will be given to applications received by September 15 and are available here:
Please note that participants will be selected based on the application content. Athletes and teams from the previous season are not guaranteed a spot as all teams must re-apply. We thank everyone for applying and will notify all those that apply by Sept 15 of their standing by September 20, 2021. If there is space after September 15, we will consider all additional applications.
Payment: Program Fees are $1200.00 per team of 4, or $300 per individual and include the Injury Mitigation Program. Accepted teams and individuals will be asked to submit payment by E-Transfer; please use the email: email@example.com. No password required!
The Athlete Code of Conduct must be signed by each participant and will also be required on Oct. 1, 2022. All forms will be emailed with electronic signature acceptable. All successful applicants will be provided with a link to submit additional athlete and contact information used for administration of the program.
Parents must also sign the Assumption of Risk form for each child in the program.
Follow our Program on Social Media!