2018 NHCC Travelers Men’s Draw: Travelers Draw 2018
***No Women’s Teams entered this year***
To help support the ordinary club curler, Travelers Insurance sponsors Canada’s national championship for club curlers. Clubs all across Canada in both the provinces and the territories will be playing down, starting at the club level, for a chance to compete at Nationals. The North Hill Curling Club has supported this national competition since it began, and will be holding a club playdown to determine who will represent the club at the next level.
- For 2018 there will be a Men’s and a Women’s event with the Club playoffs, on February 17-19th.
- The cost is $50 per team-and all games will be 8 ends.
- Registration: Please complete the form below or contact the club. Deadline to register Feb 2nd, 2018
- The Southerns are being held @ the Lethbridge Curling Club on March 23-25, 2018
- Provincials are TBA.
2018 Regional (Alberta) Eligibility
- The club represented by the team must be affiliated with and a member in good standing of their Regional Association. The members of the team must be members in good standing of the club.
- Each club will declare one men’s team and one women’s team of four players that played together regularly, in a sanctioned club league in the most recent season. These two teams will represent their club as the men and women club champions.
- Each Team is only allowed one (1) player who has played in a Junior’s, Men’s, Women’s or Senior’s provincial in the currrent or previous four years ; or participated in a WCT Grand Slam event in the current or previous four years. No player on the team can have played in a Canadian Juniors, Men’s, Women’s or Seniors Championship for those years.
- A maximum of one replacement player from the club may play lead.
- How or when the club declares this team is up to the individual club.
- Each team must be comprised of 4 players aged 19 or over, as of November 1, 2017.
- Each participant must only play in one Regional Association Club Championship.
- Travelers has the sole authority to grant exceptions to these rules in extraordinary circumstances.