Schedule & Info
The Club organizes and conducts events during the year in order to promote social activities for the membership. Click on each heading below for more information. If you have any ideas for other events, feel free to suggest them!
From time to time, the Club hosts District, Provincial, National and even international events. Our motivation is to not only promote curling; but to bring our volunteers to the forefront. The higher level events will have their own webpages; and we will make note of these events when they occur.
HOGS & HOPPERS
- Was a success this year! Watch for it in December 2023.
- This event has gone through several reincarnations with the current format a huge success. It is primarily for Club curlers although we welcome outside entrants. The event is fun, fun and pits half the field against the other half. All receive prizes.
Curling Alberta Club Championships, Presented by Original 16
- February 18-19, 2023
- This competition is relatively new and strives to provide an avenue for club curlers to experience their own Brier & Scotties. The Club has a competition (Mens & Womens) in mid February to determine representatives at Southerns and hopefully eventually to Provincials and Nationals. Every League playing at the Club may enter; however, the gender eligibility criteria is more restrictive than we would like (talk to the office for details).
- The Club’s administered evening leagues have a playoff round following regular play. Typically, Club Playoffs begin during the first full week of March. While there are eligibility requirements, most teams can be accommodated and most find this “higher” level of competition worthwhile.
- There are six categories at the Calgary & Area Club Managers Championships (Men’s, Women’s, Open, Mixed, Sr Men and Sr Women). The event rotates to the clubs in and around Calgary. This year TBD