CALENDAR: CLICK HERE
THE FRIDAY JUNIOR CURLING PROGRAM FOR THE 2022-23 SEASONIS NOW FULL.
IT WILL FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING FORMAT DETAILED BELOW:
This year, the club has decided on the following format:
- Friday Junior curling will be broken into 2 groups, ages 7-10 and 11-18. We will run 2 – 55 minute sessions with 4-6 curlers per lesson with 1 coach and volunteer where possible. We will have 36 spots available for the 7-10 age group and 24 spots for the 11-18 age group.
- Start Times will be 4:30 and 5:30 pm.
- Registration will be prioritized for those that curled in our program last year. An email has been sent to those curler’s parents/grandparents and they had a DEADLINE OF SEPT 15th to confirm if their curler(s) are coming back this season.
- There is NO additional space after the deadline. However, we do have a Wait List.
- We will start the season with both age groups having 1 hour sessions, however the 11-18 group will have 2 hour sessions scheduled in advance through out the year. The 2 hour sessions will allow a game to be played for those who are ready. This will be decided by what we see on ice as far as skills development. Some of the curlers may transition later to allow more time for their curling skills to develop more fully. Our goal is to provide a solid foundation before we move into game situations. We found that the shorter session times with fewer athletes provided the kids more one on one instruction and less wait time between reps. As a result, we saw greater progression at an increased pace.
- Please note: we are starting the year with 2(two) groups doing 1 hour each but we will provide at least 2 weeks of notice before a transition to a full 2 hours of ice time.
- Curlers will be highly encouraged to have their own slider and broom. These can be purchased from Curlers Corner in Calgary (Bernice has been an amazing supporter of junior curling and curling in general) or local sporting stores.
- Parents will have to complete this waiver form before the first day of curling: Assumption of Risk Form
- Payments and registration should all be done online before the first session.
As in the past, please register your child for junior curling. Once we have an idea of numbers, you will be contacted with a time on Friday (either 4:30 or 5:30). Please ensure family registrations are submitted together and noted so that we can keep them at the same time. Additionally, we will do our best to accommodate keeping teams playing CYCA together and those carpooling. We will not be able to fulfill all requests for a specific time.
Should you have any questions about the upcoming junior season, please contact email@example.com
ONLINE registration form:
Payment: Program Fees are $125.00 Send payment to the North Hill Curling Club by E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (prefered method please) or pay at the club with cheque, debit, or cash no later than the registration date for the season.