The final go-round for week-night curling finishes on March 6, 2020. Our Club Playoffs have been CANCELLED effective MARCH 16, 2020.
Club Championship Divisions & Qualification Requirements
There are 6 Divisions that will play down for the Club Championship. All winners will represent the Club at the Calgary & Area Championships (Cities) at the Airdrie Curling Club, April 3-5, 2020. If the Club Champion is unable to represent the club at Cities, the runner-up will represent the club.
- MENS: 8 teams qualify. The Thursday night Mens league is guaranteed to have six (6) spots. The remaining two teams will be from any team (Mens or Open) who have declared they are going into Mens division and have enough aggregate points to qualify.
- WOMENS: 8 teams qualify based on aggregate points throughout the year.
- OPEN: 24 teams qualify based on points throughout the year. Thursday Night Men’s teams are not permitted to play in the Open Division.
- MIXED: 8 teams qualify. One spot will be available for the Saturday Night Mixed league in the Mixed Club Championship.
- SR MEN: 6 teams qualify. One spot will be available for the weekday Senior Mens league, if they wish to enter.
- SR WOMEN: 6 teams qualify.
Club Championship Play-off Format
OPEN: There will be 24 teams eligible for the Open division, 6 from each night will play down to get 4 qualifiers. The 4 qualifiers will then play a 16 team single elimination championship round to determine who will represent the NHCC at cities.
Please be advised that some changes have been made to the Open play-off division to reduce the number of back-to-back games and accommodate teams playing on their regular night. These revisions were crafted within the current time frame of the playoff schedule.
MENS: There are 8 teams eligible for the Mens division. They will play a 8 team double elimination championship round to determine who will represent the NHCC at cities.
WOMENS: There will be 8 teams eligible for the Womens division. They will play a 8 team double elimination championship round to determine who will represent the NHCC at cities.
MIXED: There will be 8 teams eligible for the mixed division. They will play a 8 team double elimination championship round to determine who will represent the NHCC at cities.
SENIOR MENS & WOMENS: There are 6 teams eligible for the Senior Mens and Womens division. They will play a 6 team double elimination championship round to determine who will represent the NHCC at cities.
Best of the Rest Format
Teams that do not qualify for the Club Championship in their chosen division may choose to enter the Best of the Rest playoff round. The Best of the Rest playoff round is a single knockout event.
- BOTR – Monday Qualifiers
- BOTR – Tuesday Qualifiers
- BOTR – Wednesday Qualifiers
- BOTR – Thurday Qualifiers
- BOTR – Friday Qualifiers
Club Championship Play-off Rules
- All games will be eight end games.
- Normal buzzer rule will apply (ie, finish the end you are on once the buzzer goes). Should the game be tied at that point, play one additional end. If still tied, one player from each team shall deliver a stone with sweeping; and the closest to the button shall be declared the winner.
- Games on the 9:00 p.m. draw will be given extra time should their sheet not be ready.
The buzzer rule will not apply for the Final Championship games. If the game is tied after regulation, additional ends will be played
- Winners of each will represent the Club at the Calgary & Area Club Managers Championships (i.e.: Cities) being held this season at the Airdrie Curling Club, April 3-5, 2020.
- Teams must complete a playoff form to compete in playoffs. Failure to do so will eliminate your team from participating in the playoffs.
In addition to meeting gender/player requirements of the chosen division, the substitute shall be:
- a player from the rover list
- a player from the spares list
- a player from a registered weeknight league
Rovers may play any position on a Team where as any other substitute must play front end (lead or second). To be eligible for play a team must have 3 players, including at least 2 of the registered players of the Team. A Rover may not take the place of a registered player during the playoffs. Teams must address any substitution discrepancies before the commencement of the game. If the issue cannot be resolved a Night Captain or the Club Manager should be notified.
Note: Calgary & Area Championships Rules
· No player may play for more than one team.
· Players entering Cities must be 19 years of age as of Dec. 31.
· If a winning team has a junior member, they must be substituted.
All evening league teams at the NHCC are eligible to compete in a play-off event commensurate with league performance.